Terms & Conditions
The entire contents of this website, and all web pages, graphics, or downloadable files available through kcsara.org, are protected by copyright; unless otherwise indicated. All visitors have certain rights specified below; all other rights are reserved.
Access to and use of this site ("kcsara.org") is provided by King County Search And Rescue Association subject to the following terms:
- By using kcsara.org you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of kcsara.org.
- King County Search And Rescue Association may modify any of these terms and conditions at any time. Your continued use of kcsara.org shall be conclusively deemed acceptance of such modification.
Use of kcsara.org
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use kcsara.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any kcsara.org content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of kcsara.org content requires the prior written permission of the King County Search And Rescue Association.
- You agree to use kcsara.org only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of kcsara.org. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within kcsara.org.
- King County Search And Rescue Association, and its affiliates, are not responsible for any charges associated with accessing kcsara.org, including, but not limited to, any computer equipment, telephone or Internet connections and access software.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- kcsara.org content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to King County Search And Rescue Association, is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Under no circumstances will King County Search And Rescue Association be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of kcsara.org regardless of the form of action.
- King County Search And Rescue Association does not warrant that functions contained in kcsara.org content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that kcsara.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The names, images and logos identifying King County Search And Rescue Association or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of King County Search And Rescue Association and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of King County Search And Rescue Association, or any other third party.
Contributions to kcsara.org
- Further to the above, by submitting your contribution to kcsara.org, you:
- warrant that your contribution:
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to King County Search And Rescue Association for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory; and
- does not infringe any law; and
- indemnify King County Search And Rescue Association against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by King County Search And Rescue Association as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on kcsara.org and the purposes specified above.
- warrant that your contribution:
kcsara.org Community Rules
- You agree to use kcsara.org (including Message Boards, Blogs, Comment Areas, Wikis, and any other service that allows for posting) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across our entire site. You should, however, read the local house rules of the section or service you're using, as there may be some local variations to these Community Rules.
About your posts
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant kcsara.org Community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant Community area using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
About the law
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to kcsara.org. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed in kcsara.org Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of King County Search And Rescue Association.
If you're under age
- Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before visiting kcsara.org.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local house rules) when visiting kcsara.org, may result in action being taken against your account or any accounts to which you have access.
This action may include a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to visit any or all of kcsara.org.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to kcsara.org Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on kcsara.org, and King County Search And Rescue Association considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, King County Search And Rescue Association may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
King County Search And Rescue Association reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
- If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on kcsara.org then the latter shall prevail.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington.